22.6.11

Elevators

Me: Where's the elevator?
Irish Guy: The alligator? No alligator here. (laughs loudly)
Me: ?? Elevator.
Irish Guy: Oh you mean the lift!?! 

Note to self: Elevator = Lift

I went to dinner at The Arlington Hotel Pub which had some live Irish music. For some reason I thought food in Ireland would be somewhat similar to what we have in Michigan. I was wrong of course. Its gonna take some gettin used to. Another thing about restaurants in Ireland -- its common to take a seat at a strangers table if all other seats are taken. So there I am listening to the music and 3 random people came to my table to sit for dinner. They probably think we are rude for keeping tables to ourselves in the states.



Heres a little Irish jig from the hotel. Notice the "painting" thats on the wall. Periodically the guy would itch his head or adjust his position which the people that sat at my table thought was hilarious....


Sorry the video quality is so terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment