4.7.11

Ireland So Far..

So tomorrow we are going to the beautiful Aren Islands!!!!!! Obviously... I can't wait. Prayin for good weather so I can take some awesome pictures!! Yesterday we went to a "Hurling Match" which was awesome. Hurling is really big over here. We saw some what of a "semi-finials" game in which county clare vs. county Galway. Here's me trying to be cool with a child's hurl (stick that they use to play the game).
Notice the maroon and white cloak I wore down the streets of Galway. Intense. 

So I've been to a few bars now... and basically the bands here just do a bunch of american covers. ie: Sweet Home Alabama (like every night). Which is kinda funny b/c we are actually from the states... listening to a bunch of Irish drunks singing about Alabama... most of which haven't been there. lol. 

Also, some new words/ sayings
Whats the Craic (sounds like crack) basically means what's up? but "craic" can also translate to fun. 
To shift is the same thing as kissing or making out.
If you tell someone to "spare" its like saying you've heard enough... or to shutup.
If you say "sound" it means ok. or you agree with something someone is saying. 
If you ask for a fifth of Captain they will give you the little bottle. 

I've finally gotten used to looking right and then left when crossing the street. And riding in the front left seat when we get a taxi. 95% of Ireland drive a stick shift car. Pretty cool... but I'm positive I wouldn't be able to do it... everything is backwards. You shift towards your body to go to a higher gear. Also, the street signs are all in Kilometers and the lanes are much smaller then the states. 

So far so good. My room mates are awesome. The Irish are friendly. And there is so much fun stuff to do /see everyday. I could stay here forever ;]

One more thing: so we go to a mickey dee's yesterday and they make you pay 50 cents for an extra packet of katchup. Wth? I thought Katchup was like water....



No comments:

Post a Comment