14.7.11

So Much To See So Little Time

We have been busy busy busy over here in Galway. I feel like there is hardly time to update my blog with all of this traveling, reading for class, and of course- enjoying Galway night life! Let me catch you up:

Possibly my favorite place so far has been the Aran Islands which are right off the main Island (not to far from Galway and Connemara).
This place was absolutely GORGEOUS!! The pictures I took will never do it justice. But as you can tell it is different than your typical island image. The coast consisted of these giant cliffs that we walked along. Thats right! Right on the edge of the cliff we ventured what was estimated to be around 6 miles for the day. "Keep your hands out of your pockets!" if you can imagine this in an Irish accent -- that would be our tour guide/ archeologist. We were instructed that if we wanted to look over the edge we were to get on our bellies and crawl to the edge because one swift blow of the wind could send you over! Don't worry mom- I took care to follow his instructions. =] Heres our group hiking along the edge:

This past weekend I went to the cliffs of Mohr which are a lot like the Inis Mor (the island we visited), but its actually on the coast of Connemara and you can just barely see Inis Mor in the pictures!
We walked all the way to the third cliff that juts out. If only I could stay for ever. This place is beyond beautiful. 
Since we don't have classes on Mondays, we went to Connemara for the day and saw a castle and explored other scenic areas. 
Ohh.... did I mention this great place I'm staying.. happens to be a castle (see below). 
HAH... I wish. 

Thats it for now. Hopefully I'll get better at this updating thing. This weekend me and 4 other girls from the trip are flying over to Scotland for the weekend! SOO Stoked! Im sure Ill be taking lots of photos and such. My main goal though is to meet up with someone rockin the plaid kilt!! Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment